The Italian Chamber of Commerce in New Zealand Incorporated (ICCNZ, we, us, our) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We have put in place the following policy to protect your Personal Information.
Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual e.g. your name and contact details. We will always collect, store, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act).
By using our website and/or providing Personal Information to us, you consent to the policy.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- access, browse, view or use our website;
- apply to become an ICCNZ member;
- request to receive our communications (such as our e-newsletters), which we make available through this website;
- contact us through one of our online forms on our website, or via email, telephone or post;
- attend an ICCNZ event; or
- otherwise provide us with any Personal Information.
You may give us information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers, when, for example, you become a member or partner, or subscribe to our newsletter or other communications.
How do we use Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries or requests;
- to process your membership application and administer your membership;
- subject to your consent, to market and promote any goods and/or services provided by us or by any ICCNZ member or commercial partner of ICCNZ;
- to inform you of our offers or other information we consider you may be interested in;
- to tailor information on this website to your preferences (see information on cookies below);
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes; and
- any other purpose that may be permitted or required by the Privacy Act.
We will only send you communications if you provide us with Personal Information and your consent to receive emails or texts from us. These emails and texts will always include an unsubscribe facility if you no longer wish to receive communications from us.
Will we disclose your Personal Information to others?
We do not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to others.
We may share your Personal Information within ICCNZ, our members, commercial partners and sponsors for the purpose of providing you with any benefits, offers, services or goods that are for our members.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to our service providers and/or professional advisors who provide certain services to us, e.g. IT, marketing, event management, legal, and finance services providers;
- to any third party that you have authorised us to disclose your Personal Information to;
- to a third party if we are required to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations, or if we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a complaint regarding your use of the website; and/or
- to any third party where such disclosure is permitted or required under law.
We will not authorise the use of your Personal Information for other purposes. When we disclose your Personal Information, we are required to protect it in a way that provides safeguards comparable and consistent to those in the Privacy Act.
To the extent we disclose information to third parties outside of New Zealand, we will ensure that any such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the Personal Information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s Privacy Act.
Our website may use a technology called cookies. A cookie is a small element of data that our website may send to your computer. Any such cookie is typically stored on your computer’s hard drive and permits our website to recognise you when you return. Any use of a cookie by us will be to provide you with a better experience during your use of our website by allowing us to understand what areas of the site are of interest to you. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies.
Security and storage of your Personal Information
We take security seriously and have taken steps to ensure your Personal Information is secure. We use secure servers, and industry-standard security methods whenever we are receiving or transferring your Personal Information online. However, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information which you submit to us.
If your Personal Information is subject to a Privacy Breach (as per its meaning in the Privacy Act) that is likely to cause you serious harm, we will notify you and the Privacy Commissioner in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
What about links to other websites?
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to review them. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide them solely for your information and convenience.
Updating your Personal Information
You may obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we hold Personal Information about you. You may also request a copy of your Personal Information and/or request that corrections or changes be made to it.
- wish to update your records/ Personal Information on our website;
- do not wish to receive communication from us;
- do not wish for your Personal Information to be disclosed; and/or
please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com